Friday 15 April 2016

Home

It reads your pulse, comfortable as dusk,
Comfortable that time flows where it must,
And strength back in recrudescence of life,

That the hands of the sisters Sufficiency and Sun
Smear upon eyes and cheeks,
Some pearly pink and deuce of light.

For there is no vacancy; alone, I have chartered
The place. I put on the lamp as the street sign
Quivers out --  then at the desk that catches my silhouette, I feel

Rhythm stir the air, the beat of my drum in salubrious ear.



For Sumana's prompt
Poets United Midweek Motif -- Home

5 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful! I love every word of this; you vividly create both the scene and the deeper feeling. The first line in particular is perfectly said; wish I'd written it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is masterful writing. I especially like the sisters Sufficiency and Sun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the word pictures and the first line is a stunner...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could stay forever in that first line - this is mellifluous and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your writing is wonderful! How do I follow you?

    ReplyDelete